Hands On Workshop
A Day in the Country - Niagara
DATE: May 29, 2006
Bring your bike in and learn what to look for, how to perform minor maintenance and how to properly care for your own bike. There will also be lots of time for Q&A's and to meet other riders.
Cost per class: $75.00
Length of class: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Includes: Workshop Materials, lunch
Other dates and locations to be announced.
Tele-workshops - New this year!
A tele-workshop takes place over the telephone. It's simple and convenient. When you sign up for the class, you will be sent an invitation to participate and a phone number to dial into for the class. When the class begins, you follow along on your pc or with the materials you will have been sent.
It is easy to participate, you can ask what you like, and wear what you want. There is nothing to be wary or afraid of, and most people find they like this way of distance learning.
To sign up please email email@example.com , and identify the class you are interested in. After payment is received, you will receive an invitation to participate and the number to call. It really is that easy! If you prefer another date or time, please let us know.
Cost per class: $40.00
Length of class: 1 hour
Includes: Workshop Materials
We guarantee that you will LEARN something at these workshops! If you are not satisfied, your money will be refunded.
1. GETTING STARTED -
DATE: JANUARY 25, 7:00 p.m.
- Do I need to take classes?
- Where do I find others to ride with?
- How do I choose a school?
- What support is available for me after I graduate?
- What apparel do I need?
2. BUYING YOUR BIKE - How do you know what's right for you?
DATE: JANUARY 28, 10:00 a.m.
- What is the difference between a cruiser, sportbike, touring bike
- Identifying your riding style
- Considering your experience level
- Maintenance considerations
3. BIKE MAINTENANCE - How to Inspect your Bike and Keep it in Top Condition
FEBRUARY 8, 7:00 p.m.
- Things to watch out for that might indicate problems
- How to clean your bike
- How to maintain your chain (if you have one)
- Getting ready for spring
4. APPAREL - How to find the best fit and what to consider
DATE: FEBRUARY 11, 10:00 a.m.
DATE: FEBRUARY 18, 10:00 a.m.
- Bike condition
- Weather - heat, cold, rain
- Spring training - what to watch for on the road; polishing up rusty skills
- Carrying a passenger
- Apparel; conspicuity